Our Business Analysis area is looking for a highly motivated
Senior Business Analyst to join their team
Approx. 9-month Contract (You will be hired as an employee of OPB)
At OPB, the health, safety and wellness of our employees, clients, vendors, and stakeholders is our top priority. Recognizing the benefits of working from home and the collaborative teamwork experience in the office, we have commenced a gradual return to the workplace and are in the process of implementing a hybrid work model. Eligibility to participate in the hybrid work model will be assessed based on the requirements of the role. To learn more about our hiring protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our Careers site at https://www.opb.ca/about-opb/careers.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Analysis, you will provide business analysis services in support of enterprise-wide projects leveraging a combination of Agile and Waterfall analysis-aligned methodologies. As the successful candidate you will consult with internal stakeholders using best practice methods, tools and techniques to understand needs and requirements, evaluate operating methods and technological options, identify and analyse process gaps, risks and root causes, and translate business needs into solution requirements or user stories. You will conduct business process analysis at a detailed level and working collaboratively with internal business experts will recommend innovative solutions and advice on process improvements to enable business change. You will also help coordinate business and technical resources and/or business analysis team resources to capture solution requirements.
As an experienced Agile practitioner, you will support the development of OPB’s agile framework by translating industry standard methodologies into recommendations and provide coaching and guidance to project teams. Perform product backlog grooming, refine user stories with detailed acceptance criteria and sprint planning activities. You will also participate in the development of project business cases using organizational standards for project gating and fiscal approvals by developing and presenting options, recommendations, cost benefits and implementation risks. Leveraging and promoting the use of best practice business intelligence analysis, discovery, and visualization and reporting tools, you will maintain documentations pertaining to business needs within the overall enterprise architecture blueprint. You will also provide practice support to internal team and project members.
* Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies and the delivery and practical application of related tools and techniques in a hybrid model.
* Prior experience in the pensions industry is highly preferred.
* The CBAP or PMI-PBA designation would be considered an asset.
* University education in Computer, Data or Information Sciences, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience including increasingly responsible experience in business analysis.
* Ability to evaluate environment(s), interpret requirements, conceptualize and develop recommendations to enable stakeholder-acceptable business processes.
* Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills to research and identify issues, challenges, root causes and opportunities, and to propose practical solutions for improvement.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide advice and guidance and present information clearly and concisely to all levels within the organization, including executives.
* Strong client focus including excellent interpersonal and client relationship management skills to build strong relationships with client groups to coach, facilitate, consult and negotiate with internal stakeholders and peers.
* Ability to work effectively in an ambiguous and changing environments and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
* Clear and efficient communicator in both technical and non-technical environments; deliver informative and well-organized presentations.
* An advanced understanding of MS Excel and Visio is required. Experience with data-visualization tools/suites (such as Tableau or Power BI), requirements management solutions (such as Helix ALM or JAMA) and, working knowledge of Agile coordination tools (such as Jira, Confluence and Miro), is preferred. Familiarity with Python programming or other OO programming languages would be considered an asset.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?
The competition will remain open until a successful candidate is selected or until the competition is closed.
This competition is open to all employees of OPB and has been advertised on LinkedIn.
OPB is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process.
Please advise OPB if you require an accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.