Our Information Technology area is looking for a highly motivated
Associate IT Service Manager to join their team
Reporting to the IT Service & Vendor Manager, you will assist with the IT service management portfolio by overseeing IT vendors and related contracts for a prescribed portfolio of technology product leases, licenses and services, incident and problem management, asset and configuration management, and service level management.
You will be responsible for the IT Currency Program by managing initiatives, scope and sponsor reporting requirements and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to prioritize program objectives, resolve issues, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement while ensuring IT standards and best practices are followed. You will identify IT Service Management impacts on infrastructure and support the implementation of new or updated security initiatives and support the testing upon the implementation of IT initiatives. You will collaborate closely with Procurement to define in scope business requirements for new technology related contracts, amendments and renewals, and negotiate, establish and manage contracts with external vendors. You will closely monitor vendor performance and day-to-day operations/deliverables to ensure client satisfaction, value for money and contract terms and conditions are met while maintaining positive working relationships with service providers.
• Accountable for supporting vendor management functions ensuring appropriate policies, practices, methodologies and tools are in place and maintained.
• Accountable for monitoring the IT Service Desk tickets to make sure Vendors are providing timely resolution.
• Develop and manage vendor relationships and create strategies for negotiation in alignment with OPB’s strategic direction and business objectives.
• Support the management of material resources, work prioritization, IT ticket management and technical decisions pertaining to IT service delivery and IT vendor management.
• Ensure the alignment of IT strategy and services – analyze requirements, define options and evaluate solutions while building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships.
• Effectively identify emerging and/or potential issues that could affect the performance of IT systems, escalating as appropriate and participating in the development of appropriate responses/actions to mitigate current and future risks.
• Work with the business and IT managers to help prioritize projects, issues and requests in order to ensure our IT partners are working on the items of highest priority.
• Post-secondary education focused on Information Systems, Computer Science or Business Administration with 4+ years of experience in support of the IT function in a medium size organization. A combination of education and experience may be considered as an equivalent.
• Strong technical understanding of IT systems, networks, and architecture (i.e. network connectivity and design, infrastructure management including server storage, online applications and batch processing workflow).
• Must have a strong knowledge of ServiceNow tool and experience managing incidents, requests and problem records. Demonstrated experience increating reports and analyzing the data in ServiceNow. Demonstrated ability working with IT teams to assist with the development of new ServiceNow Catalog Requests for new IT and business processes as well as test the changes before it is rolled out to the organization .
• Effective analytical skills to identify requirements, define options and evaluate solutions while maintaining and building external relationships.
• Creative problem-solving skills and thrives on developing innovative solutions with best practices and technologies, while maintaining well-balanced perspective of organizational, financial, risk management and other considerations.
• Good judgement and detail-oriented skills.
• Proficient communication and negotiation skills (verbal, written, presentation) and well-developed relationship and vendor management skills.
• Experience working within a highly outsourced IT environment with exceptional outsourced contact management skills.
• Savvy client relationship management skills in order to provide support, advice and guidance to clients and vendors.
• Effective consultation skills to interact with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders with different perspectives; uses active listening to gain a full understanding of the situation and needs to develop appropriate recommendations.
• Ability to exercise discretion, tact and diplomacy in accessing highly confidential information that may be sensitive in nature.
• Highly collaborative and demonstrates an ability to effectively build and maintain positive working relationships.
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification would be considered an asset.
Please submit your resume if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
The competition will remain open until a successful candidate is selected or until the competition is closed.
This competition is open to all employees of OPB and has been posted on LinkedIn.
OPB is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process.
Please advise OPB if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
OPB is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.