Our Enterprise Project Management Office
is looking for a highly motivated
Senior Project Manager to join their team.
(Approximately 18-month contract position)
OPB is looking for a highly qualified Senior Project Manager (Sr PM) to perform a lead role in the management and implementation of enterprise projects essential in achieving OPB’s business objectives. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent enterprise projects from concept to closure through the application of sound Project Management Methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative) and effective client relationship management. You will work closely with the Project Sponsor to define the project’s objectives, scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value. You will be accountable for delivery of projects with the specified level of quality for the project sponsor, on time and within budget. You have strong leadership skills and the desire to collaborate, support, engage, and guide others in achieving project team goals. You are versatile and have the ability to adapt your project management style to the needs of the projects you support. As a strong and effective communicator, you will develop trusted advisor relationships with project stakeholders, including external stakeholders, and sponsors as well as provide project team leadership and conflict management resolution to build and maintain positive team dynamics. Applying OPB’s PM methodology and project standards, you will be responsible for creating and executing project work plans and revisions to meet changing needs and requirements, managing scope using the change request process, and managing the day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including organizing and leading project status and working meetings, preparing and distributing progress reports and minutes, and overseeing organizational change management processes. You will oversee quality control, resolving and escalating project risks and issues in a timely manner, identify and negotiate resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and vendors/consultants in order to successfully deliver the projects and manage the project budget.
• 7+years’of proven experience managing enterprise level projects (business and technology) combined with formal project management training and/or certification (i.e. PMP) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Expert in Project Management Methodologies, including experience with Iterative and Agile delivery, and application of tools and techniques as well as strong organizational change management skills.
• Expert in setting and managing client expectations with the ability to think strategically and align project activities with organizational and Senior Executive direction.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide advice and guidance and present information clearly and concisely to all levels within the organization, including executives.
• Experience working with and communicating to executives with the ability to effectively lead cross functional teams; hold meetings with internal and external stakeholders at all levels (staff to executive) to identify and gather their needs.
• Ability to be an inclusive and empathetic leader and a team player to effectively guide, support and collaborate on different projects working proficiently with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Applies tact and diplomacy skills to build trust with stakeholders and resolve conflicting project priorities, and achieve stakeholder consensus.
• Strong client relationship management and business acumen skills to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors.
• Strong working knowledge of risk management in order to minimize exposure and risk on projects.
• Ability to continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Clear and efficient communicator in both technical and non-technical environments; delivering informative and well-organized presentations.
• Ability to evaluate environment, interpret requirements, conceptualize and develop recommendations that leverage business needs and support PM and ITIL processes.
• Ability to work effectively in ambiguous and changing environments.
Please submit your resume if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
The competition will remain open until a successful candidate is selected or until the competition is closed.
OPB is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process.
Please advise OPB if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
OPB is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.